- The new Sun Devil Bold font. Very clean - looks good both in the lettering and the uniform numbers.
- The consistency. One shade of gold; common look for all programs.
- The way that black was introduced. If you are going to bring black in to the color scheme, do it right. And this is doing it right.
- The matte black football helmets. Possibly one of the best helmets in college football.
- The basketball uniforms. Sharp, clean, tasteful.
- The new "trident with flames" logo. It may grow on me, but I feel like the handle is too short in proportion to the prongs.
- The all-white football combination (although paired with the black helmets, it could look good).
- The "ASU" lettering on the football sleeves. Not sure what the point is; would have preferred numbers.
As expected, the message boards have exploded with people whining about the changes and bemoaning the loss of "tradition". ASU has very little tradition when it comes to branding and uniforms. Heck, we were the Bulldogs for many years, then wore numbers on our helmets (Alabama-style) for some of our "glory years". Sparky has only been on the helmets since 1980.
Change is good - embrace it and let's have some fun in 2011!