Thursday, September 18, 2008

First Regular Season National Network TV Game since???

OK, trivia buffs. This week's game versus Georgia is a national telecast on ABC. National meaning every TV in the country will be able to receive the game.

I cannot recall another Sun Devil regular season game ever being broadcast on national TV. We've been on ABC a lot over the past 20 years, but always on regional telecasts; the ESPN/FSN games are only available if you have cable.

There probably has been a national broadcast in the past. My first game was 1990 so I don't have direct memory from earlier than that. Maybe the Nebraska game (the 35-28 loss at Sun Devil Stadium) in 1987?

Please post to comments if you can recall another national broadcast.

PS It's Thursday and I am still not over the UNLV loss. I still feel gutted, and I'm finding it hard to care about this game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know it's hard to move on, but it's time. We got a big game this weekend!

It's time to buck up man. Here come the Dawgs. Let's welcome them. Let's go Devils!

>:)

http://www.echofromthebuttes.com/2008/09/18/buck-up-devils-here-come-the-dawgs/